Eleven Money-Saving Auto Insurance Tips For Senior DriversBy Matt McWilliams
Like all drivers, senior citizens (or as I like to call them “seasoned citizens”) want to get the best rates on their auto insurance policies. What they may not be aware of is that older drivers may present a higher risk than other drivers, usually leading to higher auto insurance rates.
Following a few simple tips and taking these measures will ensure that you are getting the lowest rates possible on your auto insurance policy.
1. Avoid more Accidents, Pay Close Attention at Intersections. Auto accidents involving seniors often occur at intersections. Make sure to look ahead if you plan to quickly change lanes after an intersection. Pay attention to protected left turn lanes with their own arrows, and always keep your tires pointed straight ahead when stopped, so that a rear-end accident doesn't push you into oncoming traffic.
2. Follow the flow of traffic, Drive at the at or near the speed limit. Driving too slowly can be just as dangerous as speeding, especially when entering or exiting interstates or freeways. It can also trigger dangerous "road rage" in less patient drivers. You don’t have to be Mario Andretti, but keeping to the right and following the flow of traffic is the safest bet.
3. Many violations include failure to yield right-of-way, improper turning or incorrect lane changes, so keep current on the traffic laws relating to new traffic designs.
4. Sit high enough in your seat so that you can see at least 10 feet in front of your car, advises the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If your car seat does not adjust to allow this, add a cushion. This will make it easier to see pedestrians and bike riders, and reduce problems from oncoming headlight glare at night.
5. Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses when driving at night. For many older drivers, night vision is reduced, so safety dictates not driving at twilight or after dark.
6. Make sure you learn how to operate a New Car. Things like Anti-lock brakes, for example operate differently in slippery situations. If you have never driven a car with anti-lock brakes, sure to get training on proper use.
7. Senior drivers can refresh their skills and knowledge -- and get a discount on auto insurance in many states -- by taking a refresher driving course, such as the eight-hour "55 Alive" course offered by AARP. More than two-thirds of states mandate auto insurance policy discounts for such courses, and many insurance companies offer the discounts voluntarily.
8. Look for cars with rear-view mirrors that automatically dim and filter out headlight glare.
9. Air bag technology has become more advanced, with sensors that deploy air bags based on the weight of the occupant, reducing air-bag-related injuries. Some new cars also have side air bags in the seats or door frame that offer better protection.
10. Consider fit and comfort in your new car. Seat belts that comfortably fit over your shoulder and low on your lap will keep you safer. Automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes require less physical effort.
11. Last but definitely not least, Check to see which companies offer specific ‘Senior Discounts’ While shopping around for the best auto insurance rates is important, which insurance company you choose might depend on how they treat senior drivers. You'll get their best rates if you're healthy and drive a safe, modern vehicle.
Not Caring About Personal Privacy Might Lead to Auto Insurance Discounts, Says 4AutoInsuranceQuote
The Website Just Posted a New Article that Explains How People who are Not Concerned with this Issue Might Get Better Auto Insurance Rates New York, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 12, 2014 / 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com, ...
Auto Insurance Quotes For High Risk Drivers Now Available At Insurance Panda
The Article Helps High Risk Drivers Understand How Insurance Companies Decide how to Insure Vehicles and the Best Way to Obtain Auto Coverage New York, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 3, 2014 / InsurancePanda.com, ...
Cheap Car Insurance for Preowned Motor Vehicles Added to National System at Insurance Portal Online
Cheap car insurance is now searchable for owners of preowned vehicles using the finder at the Quotes Pros website at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb August 21, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/cheap-car-insurance/auto-insurance-quote/prweb12113731.htm
Cheap Insurance for Used Car Owners Now Supplied at Insurer Website Online
Cheap insurance is now quoted for owners of used cars using the insurer finder at the Quotes Pros website. This finder is available at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb August 28, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/cheap-insurance/car-insurance-quotes/prweb12130609.htm
When to Drop Collision -- and Risk it All
Wondering whether to keep collision coverage as part of your auto insurance? Do the math. And ask yourself: Can I write off this car?
Cheap Vehicle Insurance Finder Now Promotes SR22 Insurance Rates to Motorists Online
A cheap vehicle insurance finder built at the Quotes Pros website is now delivering SR22 rates for high risk drivers at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . (PRWeb August 23, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/cheap-vehicle-insurance/car-insurance-quotes/prweb12117100.htm
Affordable Auto Insurance by State Now Searchable in Real Time at Insurance Website
Affordable auto insurance is now displayed by state using the database for real time pricing at http://quotespros.com/auto-insurance.html . The Quotes Pros website is offering this service. (PRWeb August 20, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/affordable-auto-insurance/car-insurance-cheap/prweb12109462.htm
2004 Seat Leon Reviews
EGR replaced at 156,000, this is the only major cost, other than normal service parts. The car has been exceptionally reliable, is serviced every 10,000 miles. It is the most enjoyable car that I have owned with good performance, and it puts a smile on my face every time that I drive it.
Here?s How a Flawless $300,000 Diamond Was Lost In an F1 Car Crash
If you spend enough time writing on the Internet, you'll eventually be accused of creating a "clickbait" headline. You know what I'm talking about: the headline mentions a revolutionary new advancement in modern technology, something that will change our lives forever , a feat of engineering that will alter the course of history as we know it , but the article is about shoes. Read more...